People Who Bought This Also Bought
- Winesburg, Ohio Sherwood Anderson
- The Patchwork Girl of Oz L. Frank Baum
- The Tragedy of Pudd’nhead Wilson Mark Twain
- The Light That Failed Rudyard Kipling
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Stories F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Learning about Liberty Cato University
- If I Did It The Goldman Family
- The Sam Gunn Omnibus Ben Bova
Collected here are the stories, poems, and religious writings that preceded and helped form the science fiction and fantasy genres. The collection explores the key imaginative roots and their later literary permutations. The author list alone reads like a literary who’s who and includes many writers not primarily known for their forays into the fantastic. Organized by topic rather than simple chronology, this volume allows the listener to trace the history of robots, aliens, and apocalypses up to some of their most recent manifestations.
Topic chapters and represented authors include “Transformers” (Card, Asimov, Rossetti), “Shocking Futures” (Swift, More), and “Traveling Fools” (Carol, Burroughs, McCaffrey). This definitive collection of science fiction and fantasy sources illustrates how earlier generations imagined the future.
© 2004 & 2009 by Stefan Rudnicki